» Image Hosting Suggestions
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

It has come to our attention that many images are now broken thanks to ImageShack. Several of our members used them as an image hosting site back in the day and now the images are lost in cyberspace.

If you used ImageShack primarily in the past, the best you can do is write them and ask them to reupload your old files. Unfortunately, this only seems to have about a 15% success rate. The only other option seems to be searching for links to your images on The Wayback Machine and hoping they are still in their cache.

Because of these issues, I wrote up a few reliable hosting sites anyone can use.

Photobucket - I believe the only way to use this site is with an account. As long as you create an account, your images will remain forever.

TinyPic - This is a free site and they will leave your files alone for 90 days. As long as someone views your files within the 90 days, they will continue being up until someone has not viewed them for three months. After that, they will be deleted from their servers. If you create an account there, your files will remain as long as you have an account.

Instagram - Instagram tends to be for the more tech-savvy user. You will need an account and most likely a mobile device, but your images will remain here until you delete them.

If anyone has any other reliable image hosting services to suggest, feel free.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 6

I don't host images very often anymore, but when I do I usually just use postimage.org. You can do so without creating an account, and it gives you a few sharing options.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback Center | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll