Pages: (35) « First ... 33 34 35  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» What's happenin', GZ?
Kaye424
 Posted: Nov 19 2015, 10:47 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 897

I have a state part time job as a substitute teacher!
PMEmail Poster
^
Takeo
 Posted: Nov 20 2015, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

LONG POST INCOMING! Prepare your butts...and no, not in that way.

So, for those who don't know, in March of this year, I made the decision to quit working as an IT Contractor, and started doing music full-time as a touring DJ. It had been going well...except that I hadn't been paid much. In saying that, I have a lot of money coming my way, but it's been rough.

Yet, despite being on the road and having been to many different states in a short amount of time (Thus far, we've done shows in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Ohio, Louisiana, Arizona, and Missouri all within the last 8 months), the worst show is still better than my best days working in IT, despite the distinct lack of funds coming in. So there's a whole lot I've done and places I've seen and got to see, and different lifestyles and personalities of states and cities. It's been a blast, and it's something I'm passionate about and it does make me money.

But the real kicker is I've begun to finally get started on my own musical project, while at the same time becoming best friends with Bunny Warrior, a super cute Twitch streamer and content producer, and we've since become extremely close (non-romantically). But that has since led to some awesome things for me. Since becoming friends, I managed to hook her up with a better job than where she was working, we started working on video content together, attending cons together as repair people, and we started a band. Yeah, you read that last part right, we started a band called "Weaponized Wax", a fusion of Christian, Rap, Hip Hop, Rock, Jpop, Jrock, Nerdcore, EDM, Blues Rock, even R&B and Slow Jams. More on that later though.

So I've been keeping up with my video content, and will soon be hitting Twitch with a splash too. But, that's not what's exciting. For any of you who's friends with me on FB, you'll know that I now officially work at my local anime shop, Eagle Anime. Why is that significant? Well, because I was hired on due to my experience in IT, video, audio, gaming experience, and crazy ideas. So, after waiting two months after sending them my resume, I go in and talk with the owner in a super-ghetto improptu interview, and BAM! almost instantly get the job. And the best part is that I get to work with Bunny!

But that's STILL not the best part. The best part is that from the interview, as someone who's only really ever worked in corporate with long interview processes and after getting the job just feeling like a cog in a machine, it blew me away that I ended up being put in charge of the event planning. As in literally, I end up being put in charge of finding cool geeky ways to get people into the store. That would be like me applying for Blizzard Activision, and after a single interview end up getting put in charge of running Blizzcon, instantly. This is a big deal because I'll be teaming up with Bunny to host gaming events, tournaments, etc. Lots of awesome craziness. AND, I also get a say on how to set up the gaming, gaming computers, networking, video hardware, sound, etc. Basically, I end up having a lot of say in the goings on of how the business works. Talk about a promotion. So I've got crazy plans.

If that weren't enough, both me and Bunny can use Eagle Anime as a launchpad not only for our own video content, but we're also essentially in charge of producing content for the store on top of that. So anime and gaming based podcasts and videos and commercials and just a whole bunch of stuff. Turning Eagle Anime into the premier nerd/geek hotspot in the Twin Cities? I sure hope that this is what it will lead to, and I'm excited. VERY excited. Plust discounts on anime stuff, that's always nice. But that's not all.

Remember that band I started with Bunny, Weaponized Wax? Well, apparently, the largest gaming/nerdy music convention in Minnesota, Gamer's Rhapsody, somehow discovered us, and they want us to perform next year at the convention. WHAT? So now I've got to get a 16-track album done before November next year and we gotta get a stage show set up as well. SHEESH! Everything's going crazy in my life right now, and it's all amazing.

So, I definitely look forward to not only getting steady income, but also getting involved in the nerdy community here, AND maybe meet someone special? Perhaps? And it's something I love doing. I can't wait to see what crazy stuff Bunny and I will get done at Eagle and how much fun I'll have working within my passionate skill set.

And I got financing cards for Sweetwater.com and Guitar Center too, so music equipment acquisition is now viable for Weaponized Wax. So really, my life recently has been going by awesome, and there's more to come, I can feel it.
PMUsers Website
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Nov 23 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Congratulations, Kaye! That sounds like something you will enjoy.

Congratulations go out to Tom as well! It sure sounds like everything is heading in the right direction for you. I know we've had our talks about working in I.T. and horrible jobs, so I'm glad you found something that you are passionate about and get paid for. It's always fun when that happens.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: May 14 2016, 12:43 AM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Ty can now post with two hands!

Long story short, due to a work related injury I have been operating on Generation Z with only my left arm the past month. Due to overuse of my right arm/shoulder, I had a work related injury at my workplace back in January. Little did I know, due to the nature of my work, the task I was put on was only supposed to last for two weeks because of the strain it puts on your body. Well, my manager for whatever reason never warned me of this and I had been on the task since last July. Anyway, in December I started noticing a constant aching pain in my right shoulder blade. I thought nothing of it and kept trucking on. All of a sudden, the first week in January I randomly noticed at work I could not longer feel from my right shoulder down to my hand. I figured I probably just slept on my arm wrong and went about my day. The next day I woke up with a dead arm.

I finally reported it and work wasn't happy because they knew I should have only been on that task for two weeks... instead of six months straight of 8-10 hours a day doing it. They kept telling me it was probably a "strain" and acted like I wouldn't know what one of those feel like because they were against me going to a doctor.

After doing some research on my own, I discovered that if I didn't try and get this figured out there was a strong possibility I could be without feeling in my right arm the rest of my life. So, I finally went to the doctor and had tests done. It was hard to try and figure out what the problem was since it ended up being from my neck down to my hand. After several tests we finally found out I somehow have an early case of arthritis starting in my neck and I had a pinched nerve either in my neck or elbow. After a few weeks and the MRI results coming back, we finally had the culprit. I somehow managed to pinch the ulnar nerve (the same one the made Daniel Bryan retire) in my elbow. Lucky for me, my nerve was pinched in my elbow and not my neck, so it obviously wasn't anywhere as severe as Daniel Bryan's. Still, it was concerning. We had to play the waiting game to see if the nerve would work itself out, but it never did.

On April 6, I had surgery to move the ulnar nerve in my right elbow to the inside of my elbow. I finally got feeling back in my arm and only had to be in a shoulder sling for three days! I had to keep the elbow wrapped for a month and wear a wrist splint to stabilize the nerve, but I'm already out of those too! Supposedly recovery from this surgery can take up to three months and with nerves only growing an inch a month, this could take awhile. The good news is I'm ahead of schedule and already using my right arm somewhat normally again without the wrap or splint. My pinky is numb, my elbow is swollen and smarts and my hand cramps at times, but that is the least of my worries for now. Being right handed the fact that I can already use my hand again makes me happy.

So long story short, I should be able to be a little more active now.
^
Jordan Cullen
 Posted: Sep 23 2016, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

Member No.: 100

I have to get this out or I am seriously going to fall apart. My ex-bf and current guy BFF is currently in the hospital. He was admitted earlier this week having trouble breathing. He had been suffering from pneumonia. They are now saying he had a mass on his lung which was shutting it down. I was in contact with his sister(his real sister) on Facebook and she informed me he also has a serious heart condition. I was then informed it had moved to his heart so its only a matter of time.

They are positive he won't survive much longer.

I am only saying this because he is also a member on here. He goes by Vampire on this site.
PMYahooMSN
^
Jordan Cullen
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

My apologies for the double post but I wanted to let everyone know, Vinnie died earlier today.
PMYahooMSN
^
Kaye424
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Been a while since I've even logged in. Just wanted to let y'all know. I've been working as a student teacher in my hometown. Getting better and better at the job. Also, just recently celebrated six months with my current boyfriend. Things are going well for me. Hope the same can be said for you guys.
PMEmail Poster
^
Starfire
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 249

Starfire is making some BIG changes to her life.

I started to look at things when my Dad got a new job in Birmingham,Alabama in July. I had to make some descisions. I had to decide if I wanted to stay with my parents and move with them to Birmingham or would I stay here in Georgia. I have been working at a Tex-Mex restaurant called Chuy's for about two years. I could stay with this company if I wished to because they have many different locations across the Southeast and they are still growing. They have a location in Birmingham so I could have gone there.

I was also looking at staying here in the suburbs of Atlanta if I could get into management at my current job or get another job in Atlanta.

Then I thought about moving back to Charlotte. I knew they was a Chuy's there I could transfer there, plus my boyfriend still lived there. He has his own house there so that helped with thinking about a place to stay. I started thinking about the pros and cons on staying here or moving back to Charlotte. I live with my parents so I can save money but I need to live on my own so I was looking at apartments. I finally had a car that was all mine so I am able to see my boyfriend more often and I could be more flexible with going out and such. I needed to do more to further my career but I wasn't making any progress at my current work so I was looking at better jobs.

I looked at how I could be on my own in Atlanta. If I wanted to be alone with my own place, it would mean I would need a second job or I would have to start over at a new job to see if I can do management there. I looked more at Charlotte. If I went there I could transfer with my current job. I could go live with my boyfriend so I would have a place to stay. It would be cheaper than anything I found here. I have my car so I don't have to rely on him to get me places. I would still need a better job than what I have now but if I transferred I liked knowing I could be working right after I move.

I thought about it all and I decided that Charlotte had it all for me. I made my plans to transfer to the Chuy's there. I have done a few different positions over the past two years so I decided to stick to doing what I liked best. I even asked for a dollar more when I talked to the new management. They are moving to a better location in Charlotte so they are opening up a new location. I opened up the location here so I am looking forward to going through that process again but I am doing a different position now so it should be fun to see it from a different angle. I hope to talk to them about management at this location.

I am looking forward to going back to a place that I can call home. I am excited to live with my boyfriend. I am going to miss being in Georgia. I have lived in this house for 19 years! My parents haven't put the house on the market yet but I will have to say goodbye to it when I make my move.

It is hard for my parents because I am the youngest but they will wish me well for my new journey.

I am moving on Tuesday. I am only bringing what I can in my car. I might pick up a few things when I can come home after the holidays. I finshed my last day of work today. It was hard to say goodbye to many wonderful people. They sent me off well with food and cake and some gifts.

I am so full of different emotions. I am looking forward to what Charlotte will have to offer for me as I go on this new journey.

TL; DR: I am moving back to Charlotte to work and look for new opportunities. I am going to live with my boyfriend. I have a lot of emotions but I am eager to see what happens.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jordan Cullen
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

Hi Guys!

I know its been awhile but I thought I'd give you an update. Yes, it has been a little over a month since Vinnie died but I am really doing a lot better.

First of all, my older daughter, Kristin switched her major at Edinboro University to Psychology. She is also active with a Christian based group. She posts regular status updates on her Facebook which I am happy to read.

Her younger sister(and my younger daughter), Katherine got her first report card today since starting her junior year of high school. Her GPA is a 98%. I am so proud of her!

I myself am keeping busy focusing on my family right now when I am not working on my board or playing Sims 4.
PMYahooMSN
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Where do I even start?

I am a graduate assistant at an NAIA institution during the school year and get a small stipend. It is barely enough to get by during the school year and I was hoping things would even out this summer, but unfortunately nobody seems to be hiring. The college offered to let me work eight hour days for a meal coupon, which would be highway robbery and is ridiculous in itself. I turned them down and have been trying to scrounge up money in whatever way possible.

After everything that has happened this summer, it's almost better that no one was hiring. Our Mom had a bone removed in her right hand back in March to help with her arthritis and carpal tunnel pains. She was scheduled to have the same surgery on her left wrist in June and I was going to help take care of her during her recovery. Unfortunately, the day before surgery she fell and ended up re-injuring her right wrist. I had to rush her to Omaha the day before surgery and we learned she ruptured the FCR tendon in that wrist. Thankfully, it did not mess up her previous surgery and she was able to go on with her next surgery on her left wrist, but only the carpal tunnel part of the surgery. With both of her hands being unusable for two weeks, that meant I had to stay home and help be her hands. It was nice being home; minus Tubby causing drama as usual.

I finally was able to go back to my college town on July 5. I thought it would be nice being back there so I could concentrate on my summer classes, but unfortunately that was not the case. The next night my Mom called and told me our six year old dog was missing. When she got home Tubby was drunk off his ass and passed out in the living room. He apparently let the dogs outside sometime during his drinking and did not let her in. He even made the comment while drunk that our dog never goes to him anyway, so why should he even care about her. He is extremely immature and took no responsibility for her missing even though he was the only one at home that day.

The next day I rushed home to try and help look for our dog. Tubby didn't seem to care because alcohol is apparently more important. I ended up staying up until around 5 a.m. every night looking for our dog and then getting up early the next day to continue the search. I was notified sometime on Saturday that thanks to PhotoBucket all of the Generation Z skins were now broken. I was extremely frustrated knowing I just set up most of the skins for the HTTPS move and knowing our dog was still missing.

We got a lead last weekend that a few blocks away someone believed that they had seen our dog, but the people that had her were trying to hide her. We (Mom and I) went and scoped out the place and managed to ask one of the guys questions. He claimed he didn't have any dogs, but yet we heard a dog bark in his house while we were talking to him. I was worried for our dog because we learned while looking for her that people were stealing dogs and selling them to dog fighting clubs and others were stealing dogs in the area to try and sell them. This led me staying up even later each night worrying about our girl and checking everywhere to make sure no one was selling a dog that fit our dogs description.

Later that night, we finally contacted the police and let them know what was going on with the suspicious house. They told us they really wish we hadn't scoped out the house where our dog may have been because that family had pulled guns on people back in February just for approaching them. They also had another laundry list of citations this year. The police pretty much told us the only way we could get our dog back was to get close enough to her to get images to prove she was there. Of course, every time we went by their house they were nowhere to be found.

While this was also going on, Tubby continued with his drinking problems. On Tuesday one of his trouble making friends showed up at the house. His friend tried to flatter me and kept on trying to build up my ego. It seemed very suspicious and it's funny how Tubby is now hanging out with him again.

Thankfully, this Thursday, I went outside after waking up in the morning and saw something run in between our house and our neighbors house. It turned out to be our dog and when I called out to her she continued running. I remembered reading on a missing pets site that if your dog is timid/shy, to put your back to them and they may be comfortable enough to come up to you. I put my back to our dog and sat down. As luck would have it, she came over, sniffed me and then sat down. She collapsed once we got her inside the house and were worried. We immediately took her to the vet and everything checked out fine. He said she probably collapsed in our house because she was relieved to be home again. Our veterinarian suspects someone took our dog and she either escaped or they got scared knowing we were looking for her and let her loose. She was extremely dehydrated and hungry, but seems to be doing better now.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention on top of this I had an 18 page term paper due on Friday. I somehow managed to get it done and am still not quite sure how I managed to do that. My new class started today and with it we have seven papers due each week along with an eighteen page capstone term paper.

I finally found the time to fix the After Dark skin on Generation Z this afternoon. It has been very stressful being home and I can't wait to go back to my college town tomorrow. If you are wondering why it took so long for the forums to get fixed; it is because Generation Z had to take the back burner when it came to real life.

Hopefully I will be able to update all of the skins and arcade yet by the end of the month.

tl;dr: Tubby still has issues and lacks responsibility. I am way too busy and GZ has to take the back burner.
^
Jordan Cullen
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

Hey Guys.

With the anniversary of Vinnie's death coming next month I've been on an emotional rollercoaster. I've also been going through some offline drama. When I was in my early 20s, I dealt with a eating disorder. Rather than getting help I just pushed forward. Well, I relapsed and lost 14 lbs over two week's time. I may have to speak with my doctor regarding it and see what she says. No doubt she will have me in counseling since I'm not doing it in a healthy way. *sighs*
PMYahooMSN
^
Kaye424
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

I recently got hired on at Amazon, and have been in a great relationship since January. I have known the guy since I started college. He treats me very well and is always very receptive towards me. After years of hurt and failed relationships. This one feels different and different in a good way. Kind of like it was meant to be way. I don't truly believe that, but it is fun to fantasize about stuff like that. Not sure when I'll start Amazon, still waiting on a hire date, but hey, it's a full time job with benefits and it is a company I would like to stay with long term, so woo! In that case after I have been working there for a few months I plan to move to South Carolina to be closer to my job and not have to deal with Charlotte taxes.
PMEmail Poster
^
Kaye424
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

So even though I got hired at Amazon I haven't gotten a start date. I'm working on another degree while working at Walmart. I don't mind working for them. I enjoy my work environment. I've made a lot of new friends irl. So that was fun, play Commander weekly and Legend of the Five Rings as well. I've been sick for about a month so I have been staying home and playing Bully and Mass Effect Andromeda.

In other news, it's been over a year since I started to date Matt. I'm glad I didn't pursue him back in 2012 when I first got a crush on him. I learned a lot from previous relationships. I wasn't ready for Matt until now and I'm very happy he has also introduced me to his extended family. His family is great and we spend most Friday's together, but it isn't the end of the world if we can't meet up one week. I've known the guy since the first day of college as well. Funny story, he used to date an ex friend of mine and she introduced me to him. Dude had long hair, but man does he have an attractive face and cleans up super well, can't help but love his beard as well.

School is going super well, I am a part of Phi Theta Kappa and about to be inducted into the National Society of Leadership and Success those are fun times. I am kind of bummed that I can't travel to China for Phi Theta Kappa on the fact that I'm eternally broke. That would have been great for me pursing my career in Information Technology.

So life's good. Hope y'all have been having an okay time considering these past two years.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Universal Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (35) « First ... 33 34 35  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll