Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Power Rangers Movie (2017)
Ryu Hardt
 Posted: May 7 2014, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Supa Admin'jin
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

user posted image

==== PRESS RELEASE ====

LIONSGATE AND SABAN BRANDS PARTNER
FOR POWER RANGERS LIVE ACTION FEATURE FILM

SANTA MONICA, CA, May 7, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, and Saban Brands, a strategic brand management company that acquires and builds global consumer brands, are partnering to develop and produce an original live action feature film based on the iconic Power Rangers property, it was announced today by creator of Power Rangers Haim Saban and Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. The announcement marks another step in Lionsgate’s continued commitment to build a broad portfolio of branded properties and franchises with global appeal.

Saban launched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a live action television series more than 20 years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVDs, comic books and other merchandise.

The two companies noted that, with an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the Power Rangers are primed for the big screen. The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

“Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level,” said Saban. “They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from The Hunger Games to Twilight and Divergent. In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we’re confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own.”

“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise,” said Feltheimer. “The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come.”

==== CURRENTLY CONFIRMED INFO ====

On July 15th 2014, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively revealed new details on the movie. You can read that article here. It confirmed the following:

• RELEASE DATE: July 22nd, 2016

• WRITER: Ashley Miller - Known for X-Men: First Class, Thor, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fringe, Andromeda, Agent Cody Banks etc.

• WRITER: Zack Stentz - Known for X-Men: First Class, Thor, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fringe, Andromeda, Agent Cody Banks etc.

• Roberto Orci, known for Transformers (2007), The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Star Trek (2009), Alias, Xena and many more, was originally attached to the movie as Exective Producer, but later dropped the project due to a scheduling conflict with Star Trek 3.

--------------------------------------------------

What’s more exciting than seeing a Ryu Hardt appearance? Well a Mighty Morphin bombshell perhaps. That’s right, a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers reboot is heading for the big screen. Lionsgate and Saban Brands will partner for a Power Rangers live action feature film.

The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

I’m not going to get my hopes up too much for this as we all know how the Turbo movie went, but with the success of recent reboots, I don’t think this announcement could’ve come at a better time. So who’s ready? IT’S MORPHIN TIME!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Javert
 Posted: May 7 2014, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

I'm excited for this possibility. I've really enjoyed seeing more and more superhero movies on screen, and I think that Power Rangers has the potential to expand into a full film series. It wouldn't expand beyond the Zordon era (and likely not beyond MMPR), but I could totally see them turning this into a film franchise in the same way that Disney and Sony has been doing with The Avengers and Spider-Man.

That being said, I'm withholding judgement until we get any news about the movie. The last time I got excited about Power Rangers without seeing a product was when Saban reacquired the franchise, and we all saw how well that turned out. Anyone who has read my fan fiction MMPR: Day of The Green Ranger (Shameless plug for my story which is very close to actually being finished.) knows how I would handle a MMPR Reboot, and while I don't expect the movie to be exactly like this, I am hoping that the movie takes a slightly more serious tone than the show.

One thing I really hope is that we get a more lighthearted PG-13 movie. I've heard a lot of people say that the reboot should be darker ala Nolan's Batman movies. While Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were great movies (TDKR was OK as well), that tone would not work well for Power Rangers. I think the tone of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films would be a better tone for this MMPR reboot. Some serious moments with good action, but ultimately still a movie that is fun entertainment for the whole family. If they try to make Power Rangers like The Dark Knight, I think it will fail pretty badly.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Ryu Hardt
 Posted: May 8 2014, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Supa Admin'jin
Group Icon

A few fans took to their creative ability to give a look at what they think the Ranger suits should look like. I have no idea why Zeo was included, but out of all the designs I could get behind the MMPR suits right above them.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
^
Dasidreidia
 Posted: May 8 2014, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 14

I'm really excited to see this. I too hope that it will adopt a more serious tone, as we've already seen what happens when they try to take the show in it's purest form and put it on the big screen. Still, this has the potential to be great, so here's hoping it lives up to that potential.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Chrisy.
 Posted: May 22 2014, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Putty
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 881

I loved the original movie let's hope they can make it special.
PM
^
Ariel88
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Baboo
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 589

Ryu, that last picture reminds me a lot of the suits from Tron: Legacy (which I love, but hope that they keep franchise looks separate). Anyway, I think this would be a chance to do better with Lord Zedd. I remember they wanted to for the show, except a lot of parents protested. Now he can be as badass as Saban wanted him to be.
PMEmail Poster
^
BlastemSkyHigh
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Tenga
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 892

I am so freaking old, I have the first episodes when they were filmed off a TV on a vhs tape, then copied converted AVI onto the cd/r's.

Even have alot of the plastic cups and memrobilia, too bad the kids used them all. biggrin.gif
PM
^
Javert
 Posted: Jul 15 2014, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

While we still don't know too many details about the new MMPR movie, it was announced today who the writers and an executive producer for the new movie will be. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz will be writing the screenplay, while Roberto Orci is on board as an executive producer. Miller and Stentz are best known for writing recent superhero blockbusters such as X-Men: First Class and Thor. Orci has been a writer and EP for movies such as Transformers, Amazing Spiderman 2, and both of J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies. He is also set to direct a 3rd Star Trek movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...nlists-x-718684

This news excites me. While I'm not a huge fan of Orci's work, we could do a lot worse than him. He certainly has been apart of some huge blockbusters that have great action. The big reason I'm excited for this is I LOVED both First Class and Thor because they gave us real characters who had flaws they had to overcome. First Class was a brilliant movie, and the writing had a lot to do with it (so did the performances of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, but I digress). Having people who have worked on movies like this previously gives me hope that this movie will be a fun blockbuster movie with a great story.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Ariel88
 Posted: Jul 15 2014, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Baboo
Group Icon

He (R. Orci)'s worked with Abrams before on a couple things; I remember seeing his name on the credits for Alias (don't get me started on Alias, I'm one of those rabid fans) and I also think he worked on Fringe.
PMEmail Poster
^
Javert
 Posted: Aug 13 2014, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

A release date has been set for the new Power Rangers Movie, which is no longer using the term "Mighty Morphin'" in the title. That doesn't mean this isn't a reboot, but it's less clear than we thought it was when the movie was first announced. The tentative release date for the movie will be release on July 22, 2016. I say tentative because with it being so far out, the date can change, but this is the date that Saban Brands and Lionsgate are shooting for.

Lionsgate has set a July 22, 2016, release date for Power Rangers, a reboot of the ’90s-spawned action franchise. The Saban Brands pic, which is ditching the “Mighty Morphin” tag of yore, follows a group of ordinary high school kids who find themselves infused with extraterrestrial powers and must harness those powers as a team to save the world. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are penning the script from a story they wrote with exec producer Roberto Orci. The pic will go up against Warner Bros’ King Arthur that weekend, and it’ll arrive less than two months after the next installment of another retro kids property, Paramount’s Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles 2.

http://deadline.com/2014/08/power-rangers-...22-2016-819101/
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Ariel88
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Baboo
Group Icon

I recently heard that Orci dropped out to do Star Trek 3. Confirmations?
PMEmail Poster
^
Javert
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Orci has, in fact, left the project to focus on Star Trek 3.

comicbook.com/2014/09/21/roberto-orci-drops-out-of-power-rangers-to-work-on-star-trek-3/

Star Trek and The Amazing Spider-Man co-writer Roberto Orci has dropped out of Lionsgate and Saban's upcoming Power Rangers film because his Star Trek 3 directing obligation has created a scheduling conflict, Deadline reports.

Orci, who will no longer serve as an executive producer on the film, had been expected to oversee the script by X-Men: First Class and Thor writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz. He also recently stepped away from Sony's Spider-Man franchise after a break with his longtime writing partner Alex Kurtzman, who remains involved with The Amazing Spider-Man.

Lionsgate and Haim Saban still hope to release Power Rangers on July 22, 2016 in spite of the loss of Orci.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Knight of the Fireflies
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Member No.: 501

Well, that's good news for Power Rangers and some awful news for Star Trek. I still think this PR movie is going to be a horrible trainwreck, but without Orci it will be a little bit smaller of a trainwreck.
PMMSN
^
Darth Illus
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Reviving this post.

I concur with Knight on this. Honestly, on the whole Power Rangers is a campy series. I know this will turn many people off, but that's what it is for the most part. While I loved the MMPR movie, I can't say I look forward to this. A serious take would be difficult for any person to pull off. Kinda like how they ruined Superman with Man of Steel. Great graphics, bad storyline and acting.

What I would like to see is megazords on the level of Pacific Rim. Now that's the kind of monster battles that would fun.
PMEmail Poster
^
Ryu Hardt
 Posted: Dec 26 2014, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Supa Admin'jin
Group Icon

I think if the Megazords took on an appearance like the Jaegers from Pacific Rim it'd be a major plus. Then again anything other than the MMPR: The Movie CGI crap we got would be an improvement. I'd still want the Ranger cockpits to resemble the cockpits from the combined Megazords in the series though.

Something I've been thinking about a bit lately are cameos. Does anyone think there will be cameos or even want there to be? In my opinion I wouldn't mind small cameos, like Paul Schrier/Jason Narvy as Bulk/Skull running a Juice Bar, or even a Stan Lee type cameo of Haim Saban, but please no more Jason David Frank. No disrespect meant to him, but I would like to see anybody else from Power Ranger history. It's just that we've been so over-saturated with him that I think it's time they distance themselves from each other for awhile.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll