Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» GZ Fantasy Football League
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 6

I haven't played fantasy football in a few years, so this year we are creating a league to compete in. I'd like anyone remotely interested to join, but I suspect that will be a very small number, so it will be a public league. That means anyone will be free to join, so if you have non-GZ friends you want to invite, do it.

I'm willing to be the commissioner or whatever, though I've never done that before. I just need to know if you'd rather have this on ESPN.com, or NFL.com. I've tried both, and I do prefer NFL.com, but the choice is up to you.

Should get this going as soon as possible to build up our league and to get a draft scheduled.
PMEmail Poster
^
Javert
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

I'm definitely in. I love Fantasy Football. I'd prefer ESPN, only because I have never used NFL.com for fantasy football. It doesn't matter that much either way. It will be nice to have a second league I care about. I do some public leagues online, but if I don't know the others in it, I don't care about it. This won't be my first priority as I'm going on the 8th season of the league I care the most about, but I'm for sure in here.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
Dasidreidia
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I would love to but I can't guarantee anything with how my schedule will be.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Starfire
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

I have never done one but I would love to try it will y'all. Give a go and have some fun with the sport I love.
PMEmail Poster
^
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Alright, I went ahead and created a league for us on ESPN. It's called Generation Z, but it is public. Generation Z FF League.

I put the number of teams at 8. That way it's still fun enough, but not requiring a whole load of people. Not sure if that's a set number, or if you can go over it. And I set the draft day to: Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 2:00 PM ET. It'll be a live draft, so be sure to either be present, or your picks will be chosen by the CPU.
PMEmail Poster
^
Starfire
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

That's great Pum! After hearing that the Lockout was over this is going to be great fun for me and gets me even more excited for the season coming up! No matter what happens I will enjoy this year of football. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
Ryu Hardt
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

Supa Admin'jin
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

I wasn't planning on doing this as I generally suck when it comes to Fantasy Football (or any Fantasy sport for that matter), but Pumjetsu talked me into it. I don't know how involved I'll get, but maybe I'll actually pay attention to what I'm doing this year. That way I don't get dead last, as I have in the past two Fantasy Leagues I've joined. laugh.gif

Anyway... Hardt Dawgs, reporting for duty.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

I don't usually do this, mainly because I'm horrible with Fantasy sports and remembering when to do something with my team; however, I decided to join.

As the first team in the West, the Wild Tygaz are preparing to tell their Grandchildren a little different story about how the West was won.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Excellent, so that means we need 3 more. As for newbies, I think the game is rather simple, and winning games isn't that difficult to pull off. But if you ever have questions about how to play, or want advice, lemme know.
PMEmail Poster
^
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Aug 2 2011, 02:07 AM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Umm. . .kay. So in a strange twist, we've got 8 members already. We're unable to add more slots, so the league is complete!

So that means we can move up the date to our draft, drastically. That is, if we want. If everyone on here is fine with it as it is, then cool. But if you want it to be moved up, then head on over to the league page. I posted a bulletin about it.
PMEmail Poster
^
Tyrailius
 Posted: Aug 20 2011, 11:47 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

I take it we are going with the original draft date (tomorrow). Good luck to everyone participating!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Starfire
 Posted: Jan 2 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Well it was a good season. For playing in a fantasy league for the first time and getting third I think that is pretty good. If we do this league again I may play again.
PMEmail Poster
^
Pumjetsu
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

I thought it was a successful season. I'd taken a year off from playing fantasy, and the last league I was in ended mid-season or something. So getting back to the game was fun, though I wish more members would have paid more attention (You know who you are). I fully intend on doing this again next season, and adding more teams. Because an 8 team league is a bit small.
PMEmail Poster
^
Ryu Hardt
 Posted: Jan 11 2012, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Supa Admin'jin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I knew it would happen, but after a few weeks, I totally forgot about the league. The same thing happened my first year (three years ago) when I joined a friend's league. I finished dead last in his league, and I believe I finished second to last, if not dead last in this one. So I'm probably hanging up the boots after two seasons as I've never really gotten the point. It doesn't mean I don't think it's a cool concept for the people that do like it, it's just not my cup of tea.

Congrats to whoever ended up winning... Pumjetsu?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Javert
 Posted: Jan 11 2012, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

I would like to apologize for not staying as active as I would have liked to. Fantasy Football is really fun, but I just don't check the ESPN leagues that much. There is only one league I check on a regular basis, and that is a league I do with my friends from Peoria, where we have an actual live draft, and are on a paid website.

That being said, I'd be very interested in trying it again next year, and I'll try to pay more attention.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Sports Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll