Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Relationship Advice
Starfire
 Posted: Jul 4 2012, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 249

Well, I am feeling better to get back into the dating game. I am not truly ready to start going after guys for a long relationship, so I am going to see what I can get from girls. Plus I wouldn't have much luck on the dating scene until school begins again to look for a good guy.

Anyways, I may have found a girl to help get what I have wanted form girls for years. I need to finally investigate these feelings I have had for girls for a long time, possibly years. Well recently I have gotten closer to this one cast member. We are apart of a Rocky Horror Picture Show shadow cast. So if you know anything about the movie and the shadow casts then you know there are a lot of touching each other and half naked people running around. Therefore we are very open between each others personal space in and out of preforming. Well, I feel like this will help me get all the girl on girl touching that I want and may not need to date all these girls to know what it feels like. But I still want to kiss a girl.

Micayla is so damn beautiful. She is like me in so many ways and I could learn a thing or two from her. She has been on my mind constantly for the past month after a dream I had with her and another girl on cast. She has become a really good friend for me especially with helping me through the break up. I have also been able to open up to her about many things that I usually can't with other people. I am not planning on using her just for my needs but I hope she can be the one to help me out as a friend. There are just a few problems with it all working out. One I am 20 and she is 17. The three years doesn't bother me it is that she is not 18 yet; that is the killer. She is currently going after a boy she really likes and could be in a relationship fairly soon.

I just feel like it is not the right time to tell her about my feelings for her. I don't want to screw up our friendship that is starting to really get stronger. I also don't want to put her in a situation of choosing me when she could be with this new guy. I am also scarred of how she would handle me telling her that I am bi even though I know she is fine with all the LGBT community and supports it. I am so unsure if she will understand how serious I am considering things between our cast can be us just joking around.

So should I tell her because it is killing me to keep this a secret? Is there a right time for her to know? Is there ever a right time to tell someone?
PMEmail Poster
^
Thatdudeinthehoodie
 Posted: Jul 5 2012, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 470

I'm probably gonna stay out of the dating game for a while. Even though I'm bi But all relationships got me were drama and crap I don't need right now.
PMEmail Poster
^
Ravenholme
 Posted: Jul 5 2012, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Thanks, Legend. Definitely nice to know someone's pullin' for ol' Ray-Ray! . . . I promise I'll never utter those words ever again. I definitely do care for Emily, but I'm not sure how it'd actually wind up affecting the idea of us getting back together. She's only four months old, so it's difficult to gauge if she'd remember me twenty years down the line even if Meredith and I were to be together until she was five. So yeah, unsure of that in terms of our relationship. All I do know is I've recently been told to stop calling her Emma. I originally did that to fuck with Meredith - which was really immature, even for me - but she doesn't want her daughter to be confused. Completely random, but I like it; 'cause to me it was kind of like saying I'd be around her for awhile. Which is also part of the reason why I think there's a good chance of us working out. But that's overall some fairly good advice and since I'll be seeing her again on Sunday it looks like I'll find out soon. I'm definitely going to give it my all and actually be completely open with my feelings, because if I don't man up and do it now then I might not. I know that sounds stupid but as confident as I am approaching a complete stranger for sex? It's the complete opposite with Meredith. I'm open with her but it's . . . hard, because to me she's that girl. So, I'ma think about what I'm going to say and reality itself be damned if anything's gonna stop me from doing so.

And by anything I mean the Big Cheese. Apparently I ran over his Nintendo 64 and he's been attempting to kill me ever since.

Starfire, that's a tough situation. I don't think the age difference is all that important since it's so close and since she'll likely be of age in the coming year. I think the bitch of it is that she's currently interested in a guy. That's not to say you should hide yourself away, but I'll be honest in saying that revealing that as she's potentially looking to date a guy is risky. One, it could work out and you two would go out. Two, she rejects you kindly. Three, worst case scenario. The best advice I can offer is to ease into it. Don't reveal your feelings right away, but be subtle and drop obvious hints every once in a while. Feel out her reactions and continue from there. Because being upfront about it? Not entirely sure it'd be best in your situation. However, I do hope things work out for you. You're a damn likable person and I think you deserve a shot at trying out being with a woman with someone you already care about. Good luck, girl!
PM
^
SerenaMoon
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Finster
Group Icon

Member No.: 690

So I like another guy. I've liked him since February but we've known each other for a couple of years.

This guy, Steven, and I met on the same website where Jason and I met (and ironically enough, Steven and Jason know each other). We've been friends for a few years, but until recently, I never thought of him as more than a friend. I had always thought he was attractive but never thought of him as more than a friend until this year.

The year we met was a hellish year for me. That was the year we found out my brother had a brain injury, and it was a very stressful time for everyone. Talking to my friends and watching American Idol got me through that time (Steven and I had the same favorite contestant that year).

The following year Steven and I sort of drifted apart, but reconnected again this year when we had one of the same favorites. He's a sweetheart and SO good-looking, and a very dedicated fan. We're friends on Facebook too.

As of right now, Steven doesn't know that I like him. We have a lot of the same interests and sometimes he gives off vibes that he likes me, but I'm never sure. One thing that has made me hesitant to tell him is his religious beliefs. He is Catholic, and I consider myself non-denominational. I have done some things in my past that I don't know if he'd approve of (the biggest one is that I have had pre-marital sex). One of my female friends said not to sweat it unless he's deep in his religion. Which, I don't know if he is.

Another reason is that I'm just shy when it comes to things like that in general. I want to ask him "what do you think about me?" someday but have never been able to work up that kind of courage. I want him to like me but I know I can't control that.

What should I do about this? I hope you guys can help.
PMAOL
^
KDLegend
 Posted: Sep 9 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

I'm kind of hoping for a little bit of advice from you guys as I really don't know what to do.

I met this girl out one night and we have been texting for the last 2 weeks. We were meant to go out one night but unfortunately one of her family friends had passed away and we left it. We have been texting each other quite a bit and she would always tell me to text her tomorrow before she'd go to sleep. She didn't the last night though and I'm not sure if I should keep going on with it or not... I mean should we maybe not have seen each other even briefly by now?

She has said she does like me and I do like her, I just don't know what to make of it? Anyone have any advice?
PMEmail Poster
^
Thatdudeinthehoodie
 Posted: Sep 9 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Member No.: 470

Well if it's one time something might have came up or she fell asleep and couldn't or didn't respond. I personally think distant relationships usually are doomed to fail depending how far you both are. But give it a shot. Though I've pretty much gave up on relationships. Too much pain and BS I had to go through for something not worth it.
PMEmail Poster
^
Ravenholme
 Posted: Sep 13 2012, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Master Vile
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Katie (it's an unfortunate nickname but whenever I see your username I get all phonetic in this piece. KD. Kay, Dee. Kaydee. Katie. Sorry, bro), I wouldn't worry about this girl missing one night of texts and I certainly wouldn't put any faith into her suddenly losing interest in you, either. She's clearly interested. She's been texting you for two weeks which suggests she's not repulsed by any part of your personality. I'd just go ahead and continue texting, like nothing happened. 'Cause nothing did happen. She could've fallen asleep, had bidness that needed attending to or possibly fought for the honor of a thousand Geisha being threatened by a Robo-Santa fueled by the stupidity and blind hatred of the American culture.

Or something like that, sometimes my mind wanders.

I'd also suggest making a move sometime soon, though. You met her two weeks ago? Sometimes, that's the dreaded "friend zone" for some womenfolk. So keep up with the contact, but the next time you two meet maybe ask her if she wants to go for Mexican or share a piece of bubblegum (I shit you not, the latter has worked for me and probably could for anybody else). http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1856/shadesu.gif
PM
^
Kaye424
 Posted: Jan 16 2015, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Member No.: 897

As you guys probably know Das broke up with me about two weeks ago, and I'm not quite ready to date yet, but I have a huge problem. I have no idea how to date. He was the first boyfriend I ever had and I met him online, and we just clicked immediately. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea for me to go out to places to try and meet people. Right now I just want to surround myself with people and friends. I'm a very awkward person in public. I'm also a little goofy, but in the end I love hanging out with my friends and people that have the potential to be my friend.

If I ever met someone I liked I would be a bumbling mess of a person. I would stumble over words and I would say stuff that I couldn't quite articulate correctly. I'd just be a pile of nerves. So really what I'm asking is, how does dating work? I have never been in the "scene" so I'm just out of the loop of a lot. I really like board and card games so I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to just go to places that have events and meet people.

I had a friend try to set me up a while ago, WAY before I met Das, and the guy seemed nice, but she didn't realize he had a girlfriend already and I'm not some whore who goes after people that are in a relationship so it wouldn't have worked anyway. Excuse my language there, and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but that's how I personally feel. I hate cheating with all that I am, because it took me so long to actually find a boyfriend yet I see boys always going after people that are bad for them in my eyes at least. I would definitely classify that as cheating, if you go after someone who is in a relationship (and you know of the relationship) I have lost a lot of respect in you. I am a bit more lenient if you don't know because sometimes people hide stuff that they shouldn't.

Getting off my soapbox for a minute, I did kind of meet someone about a week ago, guy seems nice, and has stunning eyes, but I want to be single for at least a month from the date that Das broke up with me and I'd like to get to know him more and see who else is out there as well. I don't want to make the mistake of jumping at the first guy that shows interest in me. However, I would feel REALLY bad if a guy liked me but I never liked him in the same way. I would try to break things up but it would be hard if I liked them to the point of being friends but nothing more.

To tell you guys a little more about the guy, name's Alex and he invited me to play Netrunner with him, it's a type of asymmetrical card game. He seems nice enough and was open enough to ask me to join him. I was waiting to give Das his stuff so I figured I had time to play a game, we never finished so I plan to play him again later on this upcoming Saturday, ie tomorrow. I had a good time. I actually saw him again on Wednesday, he forgot about me and that's completely understandable because we only interacted briefly he did feel bad about forgetting but after I mentioned Saturday he seemed to remember me. Before I left to go back to work on Saturday, I asked him about meeting up to play again he seemed a bit shocked, not sure why, but told me about how guys play Netrunner on Wednesday and how he plays on Saturdays. I'm kind of up front about everything so that may have caught him off guard a little bit. I'm going to do my best to find out more about him tomorrow. Just to see if we could be compatible as friends or maybe more, who knows, but right now I just want friends and having that card game would be a good distraction for me.

TL;DR, I don't know how to date, would you guys explain how? Would it be a good idea to go out to places to meet people instead of relying on online dating? I met a guy, he seems decent, but I don't know a lot about him, should I try and find out more about him and be his friend? (To this one I say be friend and learn more, I just don't know if it's a good idea considering my circumstances)
PMEmail Poster
^
Kaye424
 Posted: May 25 2015, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Well, I figured a few reasons why I have such a hard time finding people to date. I don't get out enough and I'm completely afraid of it. One other reason is I seem to be exclusively interested in people that are hurting or people that I feel need my help in one way or another.

That's not healthy at all. I really need to break that habit. I was talking to a friend of mine and my mother and they both said that's just a typical girl. Not sure if that's true though, but I do know it's unhealthy and I need to stop that.

My compassion is just too great. Hopefully this didn't sound to preachy and I hope it didn't, but if anyone can give me advice on how NOT to be attracted to guys like the type I mentioned it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if I have always been attracted to people like I described, but I have noticed a trend recently. Also, I have tried the online dating game. It's sucktacular. All I find are creeps or weirdos or people who think I'm 40 and not my actual age of 23. *sigh* Even that age finder website thing thinks I'm 40. So the best bet for me would be to go out and meet people because if that machine thinks I'm 40 I'm sure a lot of other guys think I'm lying about my age, which I'm not. I guess stress really does age you.
PMEmail Poster
^
Kaye424
 Posted: Jul 1 2015, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Scorpina
Group Icon

Yo, I've kind of run into a bit of a dilemma when it comes to the dating scene so I need some help. If anyone would like to help me please message me.
PMEmail Poster
^
Darth Illus
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Goldar
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

So this is an interesting story I have. It begins, interestingly enough, with a poker game. So me and a couple of guys and gals, celebrating graduation have a poker game. Two guys and two girls. One of the girls and I start chatting up, I teach her the finer rules of poker and things go great.... Few weeks later she sends me a friend request on FB, I add her no biggie. We start texting a couple of months, things are great, we quickly become good friends.I like her. She seems a nice enough person. I have to go somewhere in a couple of weeks and I meet her, coincidentally on the airport and we have the same flight! She and I talk all the time there. Eventually we go but for a month we are alone at the place where we're going so we keep on texting. Eventually, friendly texts go to flirtatious ones. But we're both very clear it's all in good humor. However some of what she says is concerning. She regularly makes gold digger type comments in good fun. She gets insanely jealous and emotionally blackmails me into saying good things about her(oh I'm going to die a cat lady etc etc no one loves me) The regularity of the texting goes from one a week to one a day to all day every day. Eventually I come home after a month, she still has to stay somewhere else for 3 more but she calls, inquires about me and wishes me well. I get home and we still keep in touch. I tell her I have to study for some exams now so the frequency of texting will decrease. She's totally cool with it. For 3 days. Then I get texts saying I'm a crummy friend, I don't care at all. I apologize, explain that I had already explained everything she should have been more understanding but still I apologized. She goes totally bonkers, demanding me to text every day. "We're not friends", implying that we were bf/gf. I say hold on, we've only met once and you're doing this. At least give us time to explore the relationship, meet up etc etc. She tries to get me to commit right there and then. I don't. Eventually we do agree that we like each other and we'll see how things go. I broke up with her 5 days later. Reason? She became really toxic after that, demanding constant attention, disturbing both sleep and study. She became insanely jealous as well. But the real reason I left her was that she used to flirt with everyone openly on social media and in public. So many people asked her out and she loved the attention. Even when we said we would explore the relationship the flirting didn't stop. I tried reasoning with her once but she'd go emotionally blackmailing again and eventually I would be the one apologizing I wanted a more loyal person so I left. She kept texting me every week or so despite me blocking her saying I was a liar, a poor specimen of a man etc etc. I do feel a little guilty despite everything so I want to know...did I do anything wrong here or was the person really as toxic as I think she was?
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Universal Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll